Many times we are not aware how powerful we are. I believe that we are the creators of our life. Our thoughts are the ones that create our emotions, and as a result of that, we make certain decisions. You can change your mind with the speed of the thought. Did you know that 95% or more of our beliefs and thoughts originate from our unconscious mind? That is the reason that sometimes we may have an intellectual understanding about things we want to change in our lives, yet we keep running into the same obstacles. Let’s discuss a fun way to test this.
To demonstrate this, I would like you to do the following exercise with me. You can test your unconscious mind by stating a true on untrue statement and asking yourself what number between one and ten comes up. For me I would say: Mateja and then Mary (0/10).
Now ask yourself a question and give it a number – quickly, without analyzing it:
1. How good is it for me to eat chicken today?
2. How good is it for me to eat fish today?
3. How good is it for me to go to the gym?
4. How good is it for me to wear pink today?
5. How good is for me to xy as my friend?
It is our unconscious mind’s prime directive to keep us healthy and well. You can use this technique whenever you have difficulty making decisions. I use this at time, and at other times I use muscle testing.
Did you know that being happy adds 10 years to your life? Wouldn’t you want to have that? Dr. Yvonne Oswald in her book
“ Every Word Has Power” teaches us that this is possible if we pay closer attention to our words. Since our subconscious mind does not distinguish grammar, it is better to use positive words combined with “not.” So instead of saying “I am feeling BAD today” you want to say “I am not feeling GOOD today.” Your subconscious mind will focus on the words good and bad. If your subconscious mind hears “bad” that will be a signal that something is wrong and you may start feeling anxious, and even more sick. It sounds paradoxical, but it is true.
Some other examples include:
Instead of “sorry” you want to say “my apologies”
Instead of “trying” you want to say “I am getting closer to reach my goal”
Instead of “I forgot” you want to use “I did not remember”
Some other recommendations:
1. Speak in the now as it had already happened (It’s easy for me to have a wonderful relationship now)
2. Whenever you are planning something you want to add a health connection (My new business is successful now because with more money in the bank I can relax more and be healthier)
3. Use the words “because” and “now” as often as you can. The conscious mind likes this because you answer the question Why.
4. Clear “don’t” from your dealings with other people. Instead of “don’t be late again” say “Please be on time”
5. Clear words have to, should, must from your self-talk such as I should go back to my reading now. These words imply obligation and and resentment.
6. Clear the word “try” from your vocabulary – we use the word in hypnotherapy to ensure someone fails! Instead say “I am more successful every day.”
7. Clear “but” from your vocabulary as it implies judgment. Replace it with “and”. Instead you did this well but you need to correct the spelling becomes “you did this well AND perhaps you can check the spelling?
8. State what something isn’t on purpose. For example, ?”this is really hard” becomes “this is really not easy.”
9. Make a point of consciously using high energy words such as gratitude, laughter, kindness, love, abundance, success, and joy.
It is wise to work with a licensed psychotherapist, not just NLP practitioner as psychotherapist have credentials and training to work with deeper issues and will also recognize mental illness. Call TODAY 561-299-1028 for a complimentary 15 minute consultation to find more about how working with me can improve your life.