In this article, I am sharing some of the proven tips and approaches that have worked in my life. It’s very important to have a DAILY practice – I am calling them my healthy healing habits. I notice when I don’t do them, my life gets off track.
Based on my twenty plus years of healing and working on my personal and professional growth and exploring healing techniques from Western and Eastern medicine, I created a model - MY 6 STEP TRANSFORMATIONAL HEALING FORMULA FOR SUCCESS, SELF-CONFIDENCE, AND INNER HAPPINESS (HOLISTIC COACHING INTERNATIONAL ™ ).
These steps include (HEAL-TRANSFORM-THRIVE):
- T - take responsibility for your past, beliefs, roles, and expectations
- H – honest look at your current limiting beliefs and triggers
- R- release and forgive
- I – implement new beliefs
- V – value new beliefs and practice them often
- E – embrace life and remain open-minded and flexible
The first step in any change is to take an honest look at your life; you need to take responsibility for your past, as well as your beliefs, roles, and expectations. In order to move on with your life, carrying around a victim role is not helpful. The only one that continues to suffer is YOU and in most cases, not the other person who hurt you. It took me many years to realize that and when I was able to start taking full responsibility for my life, in spite of the wrongdoings by others, my life started to change for the better.
Releasing and forgiving cannot happen overnight; it takes commitment and in-depth work, and generally this is only accomplished by a licensed and credentialed professional, as we all have blind spots. I continue to see other professionals when I get stuck. Then you are ready to implement new beliefs. I always advise my clients to question their beliefs; where do they come from? Are they still valid? It’s important to realize that progress is not always linear and sometimes you will go two steps back and one step forward; however key is to have faith and practice them often and remain flexible.
I’ve been meditating for over 20 years and created my daily ritual that works for me and hopefully you will find something similar that works for you.
- Daily meditation practice – 20 min in the morning and 20 minutes at night. If you are new to meditation, you might start with 5-10 minutes. There are a variety of meditation practices, just find one that works for you.
- Gratitude – write down daily what you are grateful for even if it is as simple as being grateful to be healthy and be alive.
- Use positive affirmations and replace negative thoughts with positive ones
- Use tapping – EFT – when you are experiencing negative emotions or if you are in physical pain. It helps with my headaches.
- Detach from toxic people that drain you. Many times we outgrow even our closest friends. Seek people who are positive, inspiring, and who are not afraid to take risks to create the life of their dreams.
I hope that some of these suggestions will help you to start making changes in your life. It’s never too late to reinvent yourself. I always think of Louise Hay who started Hay House publishing house when she was 60 years old and even in her 90s’ she was still vibrant and active.
Ready for more joy, success, and happiness? Call today for complimentary consultation @ 561-299-1028 or simply click here to select time that works for you: calendly.com/matejapetjelmft/30min