1. Louise Hay: You can Heal Your Life (www.hayhouse.com) and The Power is Within You.
Louise Hay has been one of my favorite teachers. She has a deep wisdom and compassion and is known for her positive affirmations and a proponent of self-love. Women especially tend to put everyone else first. She uses a technique known as "mirror exercise." Look in the mirror and tell yourself "I love you" on a daily basis and your life will change for sure.
2. Marianne Williamson: The Return to Love
Another of my favorite teachers; a creator of Course in Miracles. One of my favorite quotes is:"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us."
1. Deepak Chopra: The Path to Love: Spiritual Strategies for Healing.
Deepak Chopra is not only an MD, and a holistic healer; he also promotes healthy relationships. This book has been my guide in making a conscious decision when choosing my life partner. He emphasizes that in order to achieve lasting harmony and happiness in relationships, we need to be compatible with our partner on all four levels: physical, emotional/mental, intellectual, and spiritual.
2. Mira Kirshenbaum, Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay: A Step-by-Step Guide to Help You Decide Whether to Stay In or Get Out of Your Relationship
Excellent book for anybody who is trying to decided whether the relationship is worth preserving.
Spirituality and New Age:
1. Books by Ester and Jerry Hicks – The Law of Attraction. "Belief is just a though that we keep thinking." Their teachings complement cognitive-behavioral therapy in a sense that in order to change our behaviors and our life in general we need to watch our thoughts and focus only on the positive.
2. Wayne Dyer: several books on the meaning of life; The Shift; The Power of Intention; Excuses Begone
Wayne Dyer is another one of my favorite teachers. He comes from humble beginnings yet he is one of the most respected and well-known spiritual teachers. His belief is similar to the Law Of Attraction teachings in sense that we are the creators of our life. With focus, intention, and not giving in to excuses we can accomplish anything.