Recently I watched 7-part documentary series titled “The Truth About Pet Cancer” by Ty Bollinger. It was not a complete surprise, but very educational and eye opening nevertheless. Most of all, my suspicions were confirmed. Same as with treating patients where the traditional medicine approach calls for the excessive use of medication instead of looking at root causes, pet food industry and pet medication and vaccines due to profit interest mislead many well-meaning pet owners to follow their veterinarian’s suggestions to over-vaccinate and use heart-guard medication that contains Mercury and even Arsenic. Here are just a few highlights and suggestions how you can improve your pet’s life and reduce the risk of cancer NATURALLY.
1. Try to stay away from processed pet food, such as kibble, which contains meat that has been contaminated and exposed to mold and then cooked and additives added. If you do buy kibble, buy organic one and add fresh vegetables and eggs and flaxseed to supplement for poor nutrition. Make sure that you read the labels. Watch for toxic ingredients such as BHA, BHT, Glyphosate, and Melamine. Also, give your dog the same water that you drink as tap water contains Fluoride which is potentially toxic. Dogs are supposed to eat species appropriate food which is meat and some vegetables (and not grains and corn). Personally, I swear by Primal Raw Food and I also supplement it with greens and fish oil. As per Ty, in 2007 5 major pet food companies that control 90% of the market had to recall their pet food.
2. Use vaccines sparingly. Issue is that many dogs are over-vaccinated and on top of it all, the vaccines are not tit rated which means they are the same for 15 lbs. dog or 50 lbs. Talk to a holistic vet and find out if they test for anti-bodies and based on that, most of the time vaccines will not be necessary. By law dogs are supposed to be vaccinated for Rabies but even that is not necessary yearly, every 3 years should be sufficient. Side effects in dogs may include aggression, social phobia, and cancer. Same as with vaccines we do for humans, now they are finding out for example that they may have contributed to increase in Autism. The only 3 vaccines to consider as suggested by the documentary include: Rabies, parvovirus, and distemper.
3. Make sure your pet is not exposed to environmental toxins found in house cleaning products, pesticides (think lawn/grass), plastic containers (BPA), and even cheap toys and wi-fi. Another important issue is to use natural ways to prevent heartworm disease and flees/ticks. Living in Florida unfortunately we don’t get a break and until I watched these series I used brand name, as recommended by vet.
I learned that instead of potentially harming chemicals, there are a variety of options including essential oils (such as Cedar oil and D-Limone) and DE (Diatomaceous Earth) – suggested to add half of a teaspoon to one teaspoon added to your dog’s food. Make sure you get FOOD grade DE. DE is basically . When sprinkled on a bug that has an exoskeleton (such as bed bugs, ants or fleas) it compromises their waxy coating so that their innards turn into teeny tiny bug jerky. But it doesn't hurt mammals. We can eat it! It has plenty of uses even for humans. I also use another product to prevent heartworm disease it’s called HWF and is manufactured by Amber Technology. It was recommended to me by a holistic pet store owner who had been using this product with success for over 3 years in a row with all her dogs.
4. If, unfortunately, your dog/pet has cancer, the same as with humans, the traditional approach such as surgery and chemotherapy has not proven to be successful and ruins the immune system as it kills “good cells” in addition to cancerous cells.
Here are some other suggestions:
- Music therapy, esp. 396 Hz
- Laughter/play time/exercise
- Add cancer fighting foods and herbs such as kale/spinach, blueberries, carrots, raw eggs, almond butter, medicinal mushrooms (and avoid grains, rice, corn, and soy)
- Essential oils such as D-Limone, Lavender, and Sandalwood
- Homeopathic remedies such as Thuja and Nosodes (speak with a doctor trained in Homeopathy)
- CBD - Cannabis oil – the most potential compares to any other plant as it stops the growth of new cancer cells
- Add supplements and herbs/spices including Turmenic and Fish Oil
Key is to educate yourself and ask questions. Many veterinarians, same as traditional medical doctors, do not have training in nutrition and rely on medication to mask the symptoms instead of looking at a whole picture and create an optimal environment for health.